Vacancy available for a permanent full-time Software Engineer to join our client’s Core Software scrum team. The Core Software team is responsible for the development of all systems from where the MQTT ingresses the cloud to delivery of data to the Mobile App and dashboards.
The company is an IoT business that is driving innovation in the Security industry through its innovative hardware and software solutions. They design, engineer, and manufacture mobile apps, cloud service, and hardware devices to help remotely monitor and control security systems and peripherals across the globe.
The company’s core technology stack & toolchain currently includes:
- Ubuntu, NodeJS, Python, Docker, Ansible, Terraform, GitHub, and more.
- Various AWS services such as: Cognito, S3, API Gateway, EC2, ElastiCache / Redis, Aurora / MySQL, SQS.
- Tertiary qualification essential: A degree in computer science, computer engineering, electronics, or related technical field.
- 2+ years’ work experience in a related field.
- Highly proficient in Mac & Linux.
The role includes:
- Develop various backend components including APIs, Workers, and core infrastructure
- Collaborate with the product, UI and UX teams as required
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and plan new features and improvements
- Write easily maintainable code for robustness and reliability
- Collaborate with testers as required
- Debug issues and work closely with QA to deploy updates
- Assist other developers where applicable
- Write and continually improve automated testing and add more tests when necessary
- Writing and maintaining CI/CD workflows
- Ensure all backend infrastructure is adequately monitored and logged