New vacancy available for an experienced Software Developer with a proven ability to find unusual solutions to technical problems.
If patching kernels, building DNS channels, or writing honeypots sounds like your cup of tea, get in touch.
About the role:
- Location: Cape Town / Johannesburg (Remote option also available).
- Our Software Developers work on specialised system by turning product decisions into technical designs, and then into code.
- Alongside the existing senior developers, you’ll share responsibility for setting technical standards and designs.
- The product is hardware and virtual, with a stack that starts with Linux kernel modifications and ends in CSS, touching network code, service daemons in Python and C, more DNS than you can imagine, Flask, and the HTML/JS/CSS combo along the way.
- The management consoles have their own stack, and bring different challenges in terms of scale. We have custom network protocols and more.
- A great candidate might not know each of these levels, but isn’t scared to learn.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electronic Engineering.
- We’re primarily looking for flexibility and ingenuity. A developer who isn’t too encumbered by strata. You’ll be able to point to examples of challenges you’ve tackled in unexpected ways.
- You’ll notice we don’t specify a language here, and that’s because the right candidate will be familiar with several languages, and fluent in at least one. Python experience is beneficial, but we’ve been making increasing forays into Go.
- Experience with code management, and development processes.
TO APPLY: Send detailed CV to email@example.com
- Although we endeavour to provide feedback to all applicants, should you not hear from us within 14 days of applying, please accept your application unsuccessful.
- Successful applicants will be contacted within 14 days of applying.