Minimum Education Required: BEng Computer, BEng Biomedical or BEng Electronic Engineering degree.
Minimum applicable experience: 5+ years minimum (8+ years preferred)
Required nature of experience:
- Hands-on software developer having been responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of 1 or more projects/product.
- Experience with planning, managing priorities and ensuring high quality and timeous delivery.
- Hardware integration and testing
- Documentation (specifications and quality management system)
- Source control systems (Git or SVN)
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review.
Skills and Knowledge (essential):
- Able to understand, design and build complex systems.
- Able to problem solve and troubleshoot issues and determine causes for success or failure.
- Research and product development
- Good development practices utilising modern design patterns and software architectures.
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills (internal and external)
Experience with a combination of any of the following (role will require coding across a range of languages and tools):
- C# development
- Web development
- Golang development
- iOS development
- Android development
Skills and Knowledge (desirable):
- A good understanding of storage mechanisms, threading, lifecycles
- Regulatory compliance
- Understanding of RF, BLE and wireless communications is preferable.
- Audio processing knowledge
- Knowledge of medical devices
- Design and build data stores with complex relationships (relational or NoSQL)
- Built/Design distributed systems, RESTful and back-end APIs, or microservices.
- Familiarity with (TDD) unit testing, performance, load, or end-to-end integration tests
- Experience with software like Atlassian JIRA or Monday.com
Job Purpose: Contribute to the robustness of the product roadmap and improvement function with the division. Drive the implementation of the vision for our hardware and software products and line-up. Drive action throughout the organization to ensure the company’s products meet the needs of its customers. Essentially, get new, compliant, and excellent devices and solutions onto the company’s platform in the shortest possible time frame, pulling the global team together towards successful product implementation.
Although we endeavour to provide feedback to all applicants, should you not hear from us within 14 days of applying, please accept your application unsuccessful.