Vacancy available for an FPGA Software Development Engineer to join our client’s Cape Town team.
As FPGA Software Development Engineer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining high-end software and embedded systems. You will be also responsible for software development via collaborating with the relevant stakeholders.
For this role, you should have a theoretical knowledge of the object-orientated programming language that can be used in the real world.
- Minimum a Bachelor’s Degree in Electronic, Computer or Mechatronics Engineering.
- 3+ years FPGA development experience
- Knowledge of Best Practices
- Proficiency in C and Python.
- Experience with algorithms/data structures knowledge
- Software development lifecycle experience
- Experience with Windows and LINUX
- Coordination with other developers for cross-functional requirements implementation and tests
- Excellent work ethics, punctual, enthusiastic, and willing to learn.
- Fluent in English
- Team player with the ability to work in small teams.
Roles & Outcomes:
- FPGA Programming and Integration
- Systems Design
- Create Firmware for custom hardware designs.
- Code versioning
- Research / Investigations
- Documentation / Technical Authoring
- Problem Solving
- Service Level Monitoring
- Systems Testing
- User Support
- The ability to quickly create advanced software solutions that are relatively free from defect and are easily maintained.
- Consulting with internal stakeholders to determine the scope of software development projects.