Contribute to the development of new products and the improvement of current medical devices. This is achieved by working on both the hardware and software aspects of medical devices, documenting, and ensuring the products comply with various product-specific and regulatory standards and directives.
The role requires the ability to work on projects in different phases of development alongside various internal teams. Effective communication with scientific advisors and SME’s and external manufacturers or suppliers of goods and services is also essential.
- B Eng / B Eng (Hons) in Electronic Engineering.
- 1 – 3 Years work experience.
- Research, design and prototype of electronic hardware and software, both from a planning and hands-on perspective.
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve electronic software and hardware systems.
Skills And Knowledge (essential)
- Calibration processes
- PCB design software like Altium or other free EDA software.
- Digital signal processing techniques as it relates to audio, and biomedical signal processing techniques. Software expertise in MATLAB or alternatives are required.
- Low noise, low distortion analog circuit design.
- Design mechanical parts for electronic hardware or transducers (e.g., probes). Requires experience with CAD software like Solidworks.
- Possess knowledge of acoustics as it relates to accurate measurement and quality assurance.
- Perform technical compliance testing including Basic safety testing.