Opportunities exist for engineering graduates who are keen to pursue a career in software development on RTOS & Linux based embedded systems as well as the Linux server environment.
The company, located in Randburg, Johannesburg; develops electronic systems for the South African mining and industrial sector, and their core focus is the development of leading-edge technologies and products for application in environmentally and electrically harsh environments.
- M Eng or B Eng Electronic / Computer Engineering degree.
- Candidates should have a strong interest / aptitude in the following:
- Linux application development
- Firmware development on custom embedded platforms
- Proficient in C++ / C programming
The position encompasses the following technical disciplines:
- Application software development, coding and testing on Linux & RTOS based platforms.
- Firmware development, coding and testing.
- System integration and debugging.
- Technical specification / documentation & liaison with client on system requirements.
Additional experience in the following areas is given preference:
- Familiarity with ARM based platforms
- Familiarity with Databases / SQL
- Familiarity with API development using REST / similar technologies
- Familiarity with embedded systems
- Knowledge of Python / Bash
- Knowledge of Git / GCC
Personal qualities that we are looking for in a candidate:
- Accountability & integrity
- Initiative taker
- Strong Mathematical abilities.