Medical Device Manufacturer in Gauteng, South Africa has a vacancy for a Senior Product Development Engineer to join their team.
Job Level: Mid-Senior.
Minimum education required: BEng Computer, BEng Biomedical or BEng Electronic Engineering degree.
Minimum applicable experience: 5+ years minimum (8+ years preferred)
Required nature of experience:
- Hands-on software developer having been responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of 1 or more projects/product.
- Experience with planning, managing priorities and ensuring high quality and timeous delivery.
- Hardware integration and testing.
- Documentation (specifications and quality management system).
- Source control systems (Git or SVN).
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Able to understand, design and build complex systems.
- Able to problem solve and troubleshoot issues and determine causes for success or failure.
- Research and product development.
- Good development practices utilising modern design patterns and software architectures.
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills (internal and external).
Experience with a combination of any of the following (role will require coding across a range of languages and tools):
- C# development
- Web development
- Golang development
- iOS development
- Android development
Remote Working: 2 days work-from-home in line with Company Policy (only applicable after probation is successfully passed).
Although we endeavour to provide feedback to all applicants, should you not hear from us within 14 days of applying, please accept your application unsuccessful.