Vacancy available for a Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Layout Designer to join our Pretoria based client’s growing team, where you will be responsible for the design and development of PCBs, with a focus on high- speed digital analogue and RF PCBs.
As part of the engineering team, you will work in an agile development environment with other hardware engineers, mechanical engineers, and software engineers on multi-year international projects.
- Eng Electronic Engineering degree.
- 0 – 2 years experience with Mentor Graphics, Pads Professional or similar packages.
- Layout and routing of multi-layer PCBs.
- Management of the PCB component library.
- Create and verify schematic symbols and PCB footprints.
- Liaise with electronic design engineers for design criteria and constraints.
- Liaise with mechanical design engineers for component placement and board profile.
- Liaise with the production department to design for manufacturability.
- Prepare documentation for PCB manufacturing.
- Prepare documentation for PCB assembly.
Advantageous Specialised Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with the Mentor Graphics toolset.
- Knowledge of the PCB assembly process and IPC standards.
- Knowledge of schematic design and experience with high-speed digital components.
- Experience in layout for ease of manufacture and optical on-line inspection.
- Experience in panelisation for assembly lines.
- Experience in layout for testing including bed-of-nails.
- Experience in design for signal integrity including RF lines.
- Experience in design for Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) including ground plane capacitance and PCB stack-up.
- CID/CID+ Certification.
To apply: Detailed CV and full academic transcripts required.
Although we endeavour to provide feedback to all applicants, should you not hear from us within 14 days of applying, please accept your application unsuccessful.