What the role entails:
Back-end Engineers analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet- related computer programs, primarily for end users. Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
In a typical day as a Backend Engineer, you would:
- Lead multiple project teams of other software applications engineers and internal and outsourced development partners responsible for all stages of design and development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, coding, testing, and integration.
- Manage and expands relationships with internal and outsourced development partners on software applications design and development.
- Review and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with applications design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Provide domain-specific expertise and overall software applications leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Drive innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software applications design organization.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically, 6-10 years’ experience.
- Extensive experience with multiple software applications design tools and languages.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in overall architecture of software applications for products and solutions.
- Designing and integrating software applications running on multiple platform types into overall architecture.
- Evaluating forms and processes for software applications testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels.
Beneficial Skills & Technologies:
- Experienced in developing, deploying and supporting SOA/microservices.
- AWS (EC2, S3, Kinesis, RDS, Route53, DynamoDB)
- InfluxDB, Python frameworks (Django, Flask, FastAPI, SQLAlchemy)
- Design and optimisation of relational databases
- Design and implementation of RESTful APIs and microservices
Related Jobs (32)
- Software Development Engineer (Test, Verification and Automation) on November 23, 2021 Full Time