Our client has a vacancy for a Process Control Engineer to join their consulting team as a Technical Consultant – Control Specialist.
- Master’s Degree in Chemical, Metallurgical, or Process Engineering (Control-related thesis is advantageous).
- 2 years’ experience in the mining or manufacturing industry beneficial, however recent Master’s level graduates will also be considered.
- Practical experience with any of the following will be beneficial: various control techniques (PID -, model predictive -, fuzzy logic control etc.), condition monitoring, close interaction with operations.
- Existing project: Work closely with a leading South African mining company to:
- Support the monitoring and improvement of Advanced Process Control across various operations
- Develop and facilitate training to upskill Metallurgists on Advanced Process Control topics
- Future projects: Lead, implement and review projects. Ensure optimal design and implementation approaches are applied. Projects may require coding, modelling and close customer engagement in strategic and/or operational capacity.
- Business development: Perform (and support others in) the Solutions Architect role. Craft creative, effective solutions which involve deep technical expertise. Communicate complex solutions in a compelling and accessible manner. Engage constructively with clients and staff to identify, explore, prove and win opportunities.
- Skills Development: Teach and mentor staff in your area of specialisation. Perform this through formal and informal training sessions as well as pro-active reviews. Drive best practice development and supporting resources.
- Business Insights: Guide business from your area of specialisation; find opportunities, advise sales approach using your specialist knowledge. Keep company up to date with current trends in your specialised area.
- Thought Leadership: Demonstrate and grow thought leadership in your area of specialisation. Leverage this to portray your – and the company’s – capabilities to prospective customers.
- You are required to travel to and from clients’ offices for meetings and on-site work for both short- and long-term projects (however you will be primarily based at our offices in Johannesburg or your home – as agreed with your line manager given the impact of COVID19). Long distance travel to local or international locations may be required periodically.
Note: Successful applicants will be contacted within 14 days of applying.
Although we endeavour to provide feedback to all applicants, should you not hear from us within 14 days of applying, please accept your application unsuccessful.