Vacancy available for a Mechanical Engineer proficient in one or more of the following building services:
- HVAC and Energy Analysis;
- Wet Services (Plumbing and Drainage),
- Fire Services;
- Smoke Ventilation; or
- Vertical Transport.
For this role, having knowledge of local SANS and international BS, NFPA, IBC, IPC, French or other regulations is required.
The company has a strong team with over two decades of combined experience in building and renewable energy services.
The company services the following industries:
- Electrical services
- Electronic Services
- Mechanical Services
- Renewable Energy
- Review new architectural and as-built hard copy drawings.
- Inspect buildings and compile due diligence and dilapidation reports.
- Design new systems for compliance with local and international building regulations.
- Attend internal design and concept meetings.
- Attend project meetings with engineers and clients.
- Understand project programs, building construction phases and completion milestones.
- Co-ordinate services with architects, engineers, and interior designers.
- Occasionally visit site to mark-up as-built / existing services.
- Assess claims and issue cost estimates, cost reports, and payment certificates.
- Be familiar with building and construction terminology e.g. IL, CL, FFL, NGL, offset, soffit.
- Travel to other countries within Africa or wherever the project is located.
- Work efficiently, manage their time and resources to meet project deadlines.
Software Experience Required:
- Document management software Dropbox / BIM360 / WeTransfer
- Microsoft office suite (essential)
- Autocad (essential)
- Revit (beneficial)
- Carrier HAP / Load Estimator (beneficial)
SEND CV TO: email@example.com
- Although we endeavour to provide feedback to all applicants, should you not hear from us within 14 days of applying, please accept your application unsuccessful.
- Successful applicants will be contacted within 14 days of applying.