New vacancy available for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our Pretoria based client’s multidisciplinary engineering team, where you will work in an agile development environment with other hardware engineers and R&D test engineers on multi-year international projects.
- B.Eng Mechanical Engineering degree completed within the required 4 year period.
- 2 Years of mechanical design experience, preferably in an electronics and hardware environment.
Specialised Knowledge, Skills and Experience Preferred:
- Understanding of thermal design principles and heat flow management within the field of electronics packaging.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks Flow Simulation (CFD), including thermal simulations.
- Competence in SolidWorks PDM Administration.
- Proven capability in configuration management, especially for configurable products.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks CAD software and experience with SolidWorks PDM (Product Data Management).
- Strong foundational knowledge of various manufacturing processes, including but not limited to milling, turning, sheet metal fabrication, investment casting, injection moulding, 3D printing and powder coating.
- Ability to review and create precise 2D manufacturing drawings and assembly instructions.
- Our client’s business is shaped by a team of curious minds with different skill sets, working on ground-breaking technology. Developing their people is a key pillar of their culture and they promote a growth mindset at all experience levels.
- Their employees are empowered to assume further responsibility through a unique mix of opportunities, including: On-the-job training | Mentorship | Skills development and, Assistance with post-graduate studies.
- They offer challenging careers at the forefront of technology and seek to recruit and develop the most suitable and talented people from a diverse candidate pool. In taking this approach, their employment decisions are based on personal merit, individual qualifications, competence, job requirements and business needs.
- They work in a relaxed but professional environment, characterised by hard work and plenty of dedication, while still leading a well-balanced life.
- Their leaders are deeply invested in the success of their people and believe in creating a positive, engaging environment where employees have the support to drive their professional development and reach their full potential.
- Whatever your passions, they are always seeking innovative and talented people to join our team.
- Successful applicants will be contacted within 14 days of applying.
- Although we endeavour to provide feedback to all applicants, should you not hear from us within 14 days of applying, please accept your application unsuccessful.
To apply: Send detailed CV and full academic transcripts to email@example.com