Our client is the global leader in networking products and services. The company designs all their own hardware and software in Cape Town. Their software systems are built entirely in-house using Python, React, Postgres, lnfluxDB, a variety of AWS services, and other technologies. Our client truly is a full-stack company.
How you’ll make your mark:
- You’ll be working with a skilled team of bright, motivated developers building outstanding web apps to be proud of.
- Using technologies like React & Redux to develop state of the art dashboards that will help IT teams at companies of all sizes monitor and troubleshoot their wireless networks and applications.
- Lead projects & be responsible for all stages of design and development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, coding, testing, and integration.
- Review and evaluate designs and project activities for compliance with applications design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Drive innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software applications design organization.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Qualifications, Skills & Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering / Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- 6-10 years of relevant experience, where most of this time was spent:
- Creating modern web apps with Angular/React/Vue
- Using modern technologies like Redux/RxJs/formik/styled-components/SASS
- Building apps from scratch and not using UI libraries like Material UI/Vuetify
- Extensive experience with multiple software applications design tools and languages.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in overall architecture of software applications for products and solutions.
- Designing and integrating software applications running on multiple platform types into overall architecture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels.
- Mastery of HTML and CSS
- Good knowledge of current web frameworks and libraries
- Understanding & experience with data flow in frontend & backend systems
Beneficial Skills & Technologies (not essential):
- Experience with React (or other frontend SPA frameworks/libraries/concepts)
- Strong sense of interaction and visual design
- Experience with front-end build tools
- Good understanding of git or other version control software
- A passion for testing and creating stable software
- Knowledge of DevOps and deployment tools
- Proficiency with Linux and the command line.
Note: Successful applicants will be contacted within 14 days of applying.
Although we endeavour to provide feedback to all applicants, should you not hear from us within 14 days of applying, please accept your application unsuccessful.
Related Jobs (32)
- Software Development Engineer (Test, Verification and Automation) on November 23, 2021 Full Time