Vacancy available for a Junior FPGA Firmware Engineer in Pretoria.
Having knowledge of Hardware Description Languages (HDL) and Programmable Logic Devices (FPGA, CPLD) will be beneficial, however is not essential.
In this role, you will be responsible for the design and development of embedded firmware relating to digital communication systems, with a focus on wireless communications and encryption. As part of the engineering team, you will work in an agile development environment with other software engineers, hardware engineers and R&D test engineers on multi-year international projects.
- B Eng Electronic Engineering or B Eng Computer Engineering degree.
- Implement various signal processing and cryptographic algorithms on FPGAs.
- Implement control and data interfaces between processors, DSPs, and FPGAs.
- Implement and simulate custom and off-the-shelf IP blocks.
- Integrate and test firmware and software on custom electronic hardware platforms.
- Provide production support on developed firmware.
- Maintain and improve the FPGA build and development ecosystem.
- Develop firmware in accordance with relevant standards and specifications.
Advantageous Specialised Knowledge and Skills (not essential):
- A strong understanding of Synchronous Digital Design Principles.
- Experience with VHDL or Verilog development for FPGAs (Intel and Xilinx).
- Experience with FPGA timing analysis and timing closure.
- Experience with VHDL unit testing and simulation.
- Experience with HDL toolchains (Intel Quartus, Xilinx Vivado and, Siemens Modelsim). Experience with generating VHDL from the MATLAB toolchain.
- Experience in communication interfaces such as I2C, SPI, UART, McBSP, PCI Express and Gigabit ETHERNET.
- Experience with integration and testing of firmware, embedded software, and electronic hardware systems.
- Experience with implementing interface drivers for FPGA components.
- Experience in developing embedded applications with C and C++.
TO APPLY: Forward detailed CV and full academic transcripts to: email@example.com