Cape Town based company has a new vacancy available for a FPGA Developer.
You will be responsible for building and maintaining high-end software and embedded systems; software development via collaborating with the relevant stakeholders; have a theoretical knowledge of the object orientated programming language that can be used in the real world.
The company, partners of the automotive and aviation industries, develops Embedded Software and Networks and their goal is to provide networked systems that are always reliable. (Automotive Ethernet, AVB/TSN, Linux, FPGA, DSP.)
- BEng Degree in Engineering (Electronic / Computer) or BSc degree in related field
- 3+ years FPGA development experience
- Proficiency in C and Python.
- Experience with algorithms/data structures knowledge
- Software development lifecycle experience
- Experience with Windows and LINUX
- Coordination with other developers for cross-functional requirements implementation and tests
- Knowledge of Best Practices
- Excellent work ethics, punctual, enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Team player with the ability to work in small teams
Roles & Outcomes:
- FPGA Programming and Integration
- Systems Design
- Documentation / Technical Authoring
- Problem Solving
- Research / Investigations
- Service Level Monitoring
- Systems Testing
- User Support
- The ability to quickly create advanced software solutions that are relatively free from defect and are easily maintained
- Create Firmware for custom hardware designs
- Code versioning
- Consulting with internal stakeholders to determine the scope of software development projects.
- Collaborating with the software development team on application design and development.
- Developing software and overseeing the deployment of applications across platforms.
- Performing diagnostic tests and debugging procedures.
- Creating end-user application feedback channels.
- Optimizing software by performing maintenance, updates, and upgrades.
- Keeping up to date with standards and advancements in application development.
- Resolve issues proactively to deliver high quality products.
Related Jobs (22)
- Electronic Engineer – Embedded Firmware Development on April 21, 2022 Full Time