Opportunities exist for Electronic / Computer engineers who are keen to pursue a career in applications engineering and customer liaison with mining and industrial clients.
Employment type: Probationary 3 month contract then permanent employment thereafter.
Our client develops electronic systems for the South African mining and industrial sector. They are situated in Randburg, and their core focus is the development of leading-edge technologies and products for application in environmentally and electrically harsh environments.
The position encompasses the following duties:
- Attendance of technical meetings to assist the customer in understanding our systems
- Preparation of training, operational testing, and change request documentation.
- Providing technical support to the customer and assisting with fault finding / configuration problems.
- Customer liaison & requirements analysis
- Remote support / problem solving
The successful candidate can expect to be exposed to the entire technical product life cycle from development & prototyping through to volume manufacture and obsolescence / system replacement.
Candidates should have strong interests in the following:
- Hands on technical problem solving.
- Understanding of complex systems.
- Professional technical communication with clients
- Technical risk management
Additional experience in the following areas is given preference:
- Familiarity with the Linux command line.
- Familiarity with common IT systems architectures / networking
- Familiarity with system design & development.
- Understanding of the mining industry.
Personal qualities that we are looking for in a candidate:
- Accountability & integrity.
- Initiative taker
- Strong aptitude for fault finding from system to component level.
Related Jobs (23)
- Engineering Graduate Job Opportunities (Randburg, Gauteng) on June 25, 2021 Full Time