Opportunities exist for engineers who are keen to pursue a career in software development on RTOS & Linux based embedded systems as well as the Linux server environment.
Job Title: Software Development Engineer
Salary: Competitive package
Start Date: August 2021
Duration: Contract / Permanent
Our client develops electronic systems for the South African mining and industrial sector. They are situated in Randburg, and their core focus is the development of leading-edge technologies and products for application in environmentally and electrically harsh environments.
The position encompasses the following technical disciplines:
- Application software development, coding and testing on Linux & RTOS based platforms.
- Firmware development, coding and testing.
- System integration and debugging.
- Technical specification / documentation & liaison with client on system requirements.
M Eng or B Eng Electronic / Computer Engineering degree.
Candidates should have a strong interest / aptitude in the following:
- Linux application development
- Firmware development on custom embedded platforms
- Proficient in C++ / C programming
Additional experience in the following areas is given preference:
- Familiarity with ARM based platforms
- Familiarity with Databases / SQL
- Familiarity with API development using REST / similar technologies
- Familiarity with embedded systems
- Knowledge of Python / Bash
- Knowledge of Git / GCC
Personal qualities that we are looking for in a candidate:
- Accountability & integrity.
- Initiative taker
Related Jobs (23)
- Field Application Engineer (Graduate Electronic Engineer) on June 28, 2021 Full Time