Our client is the global leader in networking products and services. The company designs all their own hardware and software in Cape Town. Their software systems are built entirely in-house using Python, React, Postgres, lnfluxDB, a variety of AWS services, and other technologies. Our client truly is a full-stack company.
What the role entails:
The Backend Engineer analyses, designs and develops software to support our client’s products.
How you’ll make your mark:
- Design enhancements, updates, and develops changes for subsystems and systems.
- Write and execute complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for architecture.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering / Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Experienced in Back-end Development.
- Proficient in Python.
- Experienced in developing, deploying and supporting SOA/microservices.
- Strong analytical thinker and problem solver.
Beneficial Skills & Technologies (not essential):
- AWS (EC2, S3, Kinesis, RDS, Route53, DynamoDB)
- Python frameworks (Django, Flask, FastAPI, SQLAlchemy)
- Design and optimisation of relational databases
- Design and implementation of RESTful APIs and microservices
Although we endeavour to provide feedback to all applicants, should you not hear from us within 14 days of applying, please accept your application unsuccessful.
Related Jobs (22)
- Electronic Engineer – Embedded Firmware Development on April 21, 2022 Full Time